Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,164 Posts

·
Registered
8,164 Posts
You could try hanging a bit of millet beside it to encourage her..

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
She has eaten it before, and finished it too. But this one she doesn't seem to want.
I was just wondering if I should trash this (since it might be a few months old) and buy her a completely new one, or give this one one more chance.

·
Registered
8,164 Posts
As long as it has been kept dry and hasn't been soiled in any way i don't think it should go bad. But you should always have one available, so i don't understand why you removed it. :confused:

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As long as it has been kept dry and hasn't been soiled in any way i don't think it should go bad. But you should always have one available, so i don't understand why you removed it. :confused:
I had another one since she didn't like this one. Now that it's almost finished, I wanted to know whether I should get her a new one or give this one another shot.

·
Registered
8,164 Posts
Oh okay. :)

·
Registered
630 Posts
The one you replaced it with, was it a regular one? I've tried those yellow (banana flavored) and pink (can't remember the flavor) cuttle bones and calcium blocks before...they all wound up in the trash. Mine like theirs plain. Now, I don't believe they do expire. I buy mine, maybe about 10-15 in a bag at a time, and the bag holds no expiration date. I would agree with bjknight93, as long as they're dry and clean, should be fine!

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, a regular one.
I think I'm just going to get her another regular one. She doesn't seem to like to go near this for some reason.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts