Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I moved the cuttle bone and now I realise they hadn't known where it was. Buttercup especially. She hasn't stopped eating it for a whole day, I had to replace it because it was gone and she's still going on the new one. Will she eat too much? Should I restrict her intake or is she eating so much because she needs it?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Is she actually eating it? I find that Peppy just enjoys shredding things. Her millet is always stripped bare in hours and ends up on the cage floor.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe. Well a lot is on the floor in powder but I think that's just cause of when she bites into it . Either way, she's definitely ingesting a fair bit cause her tongue is white with it when she's going at it. My other ones eating a fair bit of it too, she's even licking up the powder it makes everywhere. Are they just super low in calcium?
*edit* buttercup (one eating the most) is moulting pretty bad (see my other tread if you could, I asked about it) so maybe that's why she's eating so much?

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Joey takes spells where he will shred his. Then he gets annoyed because his chair is too small for his big butt to fit on. His cuttlebone is his fave perch.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts