Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wasn't sure where to post this. I enjoy watching a game show called "Who wants to be a millionaire?" to see if I know the questions. One involved the late Steve Irwin (the "Crocodile Hunter") and it said he was afraid of parrots! Does anyone know, was that just large parrots, any parrots,or birds in general? I find it amazing that someone who had handled crocodiles, venomous snakes and other dangerous animals would be fearful of parrots. Granted a large parrot could do some serious damage with its powerful beak, but I still think I'd prefer getting bitten by a parrot rather than a crocodile! Still I personally know a few people who are fearful of birds in general.

·
Registered
761 Posts
That's hilarious! I think I know what he meant though. I love parrots, but cockatoos...let's just say they have my respect :p

·
Premium Member
19,909 Posts
For me it's macaws. They scare the crap out of me. They're the only bird whose nails I won't trim.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Heh. I had a friend who really wanted to perch and pet my birds, (keets at the time) but she'd freak out every time one touched her. It was like she was afraid of them, but liked them at the same time. :p

·
Registered
885 Posts
I've never been around a bird larger than a cockatoo, and i'm fine with those, but I am with Roxy on the macaws. They just scare the absolute crap out of me. Those beaks are ENORMOUS lol.

·
Premium Member
6,217 Posts
I've been bitten by both macaws and cockatoos. Am I crazy? Yes. Yes I am. I can assure you, it's not that bad.

HOWEVER, there is one bird I will not hold: amazons. Sorry for any amazon owners out there, lovely parrots, but I don't trust them. I'm scared of how fast they go from nice to a bite

·
Registered
8,164 Posts
The only birds I can honestly say I'm afraid of are Corvids. They are so full of themselves and their beak can do a lot of damage.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I'm not to fond of seagulls. I don't like their sneakiness. And also I've been attacked by them too many times. They attack from behind, it's quite scary.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts