Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't touch my tiel anywhere but the head and feet. However she's been displaying a few times every day for a few weeks now. She does this alone when covered in her cage or when she's out. If she's out I distract her so she stops and then put her on a perch and step away. There doesn't seem to be any particular trigger and I don't think I'm the target of her affections as she does it alone in her cage to herself. I cover her for 14-16 hours a day since 12-14 hours for a week didn't do anything, she has a full blackout cage cover. Her diet has been limited to less seed and more fresh veggies and I've been exercising with her more, she also gets pellets. I rearrange her cage every 2 days completely

Not sure what else go try. Thing is she isn't aggressive or territorial, she's a total sweetheart so it isn't a huge issue, I'm just worried about egg laying. Is it possible head scratches are triggering her? She didn't allow them in her previous household (she's a rehome) but we have a close bond and she loves it with me but I don't want her to get the wrong idea.

· Registered
1 Posts
Disorders of the adrenal glands can cause them to produce too much cortisol. The most common is a noncancerous tumor of the adrenal cortex, called an adrenal adenoma, but only a small fraction of adenomas produce too much cortisol

1 - 2 of 2 Posts