Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This happened two months ago. I know I should have done this earlier, but my internet was not working. He didn't really die. He flew away. I don't know how or what happened, but what I do know is that he was with Honey, in his cage. After five min I came to check the birds, and Cookie was gone. I searched every bit of the house in search of him, and even notified the neighbors about it. One of them said that they saw a parrot on their tree in the garden, eating something. Then it flew away. The description matched Cookie's. I posted posters that if anybody found a bird with a ring around the leg around my house, they can can call me. I gave my number on it too. But nobody called. I don't know whats he doing right now or if he's even alive. Which is why I made this thread, because even if he's still alive, he will not come back. So this is in memory of my beautiful bird. Fly free, Cookie. I hope you are enjoying the outdoors.:angel:

·
Premium Member
6,217 Posts
I'm so sorry you lost him Nimra. It's good to see you back again. I just wish the news was better...

·
Premium Member
19,909 Posts
O man I'm sorry.

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
So sorry to hear about your loss of Cookie :( hopefully someone will pick him up.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss. :( But it still possible that someone found him and didn't see your notice and that he is OK.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
So sorry to hear, Did you search little nooks and crannies in the house where he may of gotten stuck into and died? I know that would not be the answer you would want but at least that way you would know what happened. Maybe behind a heavy dresser or down a heat register or something.

·
Registered
878 Posts
I'm so sorry, Nimra. :(

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So sorry to hear, Did you search little nooks and crannies in the house where he may of gotten stuck into and died? I know that would not be the answer you would want but at least that way you would know what happened. Maybe behind a heavy dresser or down a heat register or something.
Yes, I did. I checked behind dressers, under study tables, under sofas, behind curtains (Cookie loved curtains), basically every inch of the house. But I found nothing.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Yes, I did. I checked behind dressers, under study tables, under sofas, behind curtains (Cookie loved curtains), basically every inch of the house. But I found nothing.
Ok it was just a thought, I wonder how he got out... The not knowing would be so hard for me.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, I am glad that didn't happen. That would have been absolutely horrible. Thanks for all those kind words, guys.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Cookie

It is so hard to lose one that way, Nimra! My first cockatiel flew out of my apartment in an instant of carelessness on my part. But it was winter, late afternoon. I doubt she could have survived the night. You live in a warm climate; Cookie may be able to survive. And who knowa? You may get her back since you told others. Hugs to you and Honey!

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That must be so sad, Janalee, knowing that there is no possible way that your cockatiel could live. The only bad thing is that there are too many eagles in my area. But there was a chance that he could still live. My heart goes out to you. You must have felt so bad. It was also my fault that Cookie flew away. I knew that he could open the cage door, but I was so careless that I forgot to put the lock on it. So it really was my fault.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts