Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 20 of 429 Posts

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You read right!! :D Cookie seems to be all better and yesterday i put the nest box up. Bailee's been living with her for over a week now, but they haven't been mating. I can just see Bailee thinking (shocking i know) "ohhh, how silly do you think i am mum? Last time i made a move you moved me out!" :p I think the nest box will get them going though, they're both extremely excited.

Bit blurry, but there is a power struggle for nest box rights. Bailee likes to have a couple of days to get things in order before letting Cookie move in. Cookie thinks that's totally unnecessary. ;)

I modified the nest box a bit so it would fit on the front instead of having to go in a side door. It's easier for me to check now, not to mention i think it's more logical to have a perch on the front of it than a little box:

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Good Luck Bea. Glad to hear Cookie is doing much better.

My breeder is sending me little hints towards skittles lol. With all these lovely males that would create rainbow babies with skittles.

Yes i to have found the nest box doors are a pain and useless but i personally could never cut the bars of my cage lol. (if you cut them. i can't really tell

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes i to have found the nest box doors are a pain and useless but i personally could never cut the bars of my cage lol.
I would never do that either, not when the cage cost $150 to start with. I'd have to have rocks in my head. :p

·
Queen of the Pieds
2,706 Posts
woohoo can't wait to see little eggies!!!! good luck with it...hope it all goes smoothly and i look forward to seeing it all happen!!!

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
So Gracie has Snickers company? :p

How exciting, hope to see some eggs soon and then some fluff balls. :D

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How did you do it then? Slide up doors are all i can think of and my cages personally don't have them besides skittles new cage.
My cages all have one big swing out door, two small swing out breeder doors and four sliding food bowl doors (which i don't use). I used one of the sliding doors for the nest box this time. It's really good because it means that the nest box is at a level where i can easily check and, of course, take photos. :p

So Gracie has Snickers company? :p
She's been living with him full time for a couple of months. They sleep on a swing together. :love:

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
It looks like the perfect setup.

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hehe, well Bailee's got the stupid gene which has proven to pass to his sons. :p But there's nothing wrong with a stupid tiel, they're amusing.

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
I think it's called the dork factor!

·
Queen of the Pieds
2,706 Posts
ah but is the dork factor dominant or recessive? :p it seems dominant in all mine :rofl: but they are also regularly called "you crazy bird".....everytime i think about them i have to laugh....they make life so interesting......and when they love you...wow....its just like one of the best feelings in the world....i would imagine seeing ur babies have babies would be a very rewarding feeling.....get to it cookie and bailee.....us tiel addicts need new babies to go all mushy for !!!!

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just hope they turn out a bit friendlier than Snickyboo. My friend is hoping for a male baby of mine, so fingers crossed they have one. :D

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The action is starting! :D Bailee decided that it was worth the risk of being evicted again and mated with Cookie. Both are in and out of the nest box all day. I expect we'll be seeing eggs in a week or so.

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
Yay! I can't wait to see pics of eggs and fluff balls. :D

Gracie's lucky to have Snickers company, he's soo cute.

·
Registered
157 Posts
good news babies on the way i just love those sweet little baby faces can't wait for a few of my own. in a year or so

·
Registered
756 Posts
YAY!!. more bailee´s.... I love his dorkiness.. LOL...

I can´t wait to see what they make up his time.. ;)

1 - 20 of 429 Posts