Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 20 of 806 Posts

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Yes, i have surrendered to the persistent mating of Cookie and Bailee (and obviously i wouldn't have done if i didn't want the babies and any consequences). Gracie has moved into her old cage (her bachelorette pad) and Cookie and Bailee have been granted a (rather massive) nest box. I have to say that compared to a budgie nest box, the bulk of a tiel one is pretty surprising!! :lol:

Cookie thinks it's just brilliant. She's right into checking it out, nibbling it, peeking inside.

Bailee thinks mummy's shoulder looks much more inviting, but i'm sure when he figures that this gives Cookie even more reason to mate with him he'll like the nest box just as much. :rofl:

So everyone, here is where i'll update the journey of Cookie and Bailee as they (hopefully) raise a little family. Look out world, baby Bailee's are in the making. :eek:

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My cage has breeder doors up the top, so i got two of my spare cement perches to rest it on, put it through the door and then used a bit of rope through the top to keep it in place. :)

·
Registered
756 Posts
YAY!!!... can´t say I´m not excited ;)

if you were a continent closer I´d be rather happy to get a baby from you....even with Bailee genes LOL .... he is just super cute and dorky.....and Cookie well she´s just a princess

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
How exciting for you! Can't wait for all the updates on this thread. It'll be so cute to see Cookie and Bailee Junior's, if everything does go to plan. :)

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well Bailee slept outside the nest box entrance all night, and this morning he's been popping his head in and out of it checking that's it's a good site for Cookie to lay some eggs. He's yet to go all the way in, but i'd say he will have in the next hour or two. Cookie wants to help investigate too but Bailee keeps squeaking at her and giving her the evil eye as if to say "Cookie, this is my job!" and she would squawk back to say "well hurry up with it then you idiot!!" LOL!!! :p

·
Registered
302 Posts
Lol. I can't wait to see some little eggies!

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
He was running around inside the nest box. :p Poor Cookie was looking in probably thinking "what are you doing Bailee?" because he was stomping around and making little squeaky noises. She kept peeking in at him and he would squawk to tell her "Cookie!! It's not ready yet! Don't peek!" :rofl: It's just way too funny watching Bailee take the lead and be all mature.

·
Registered
756 Posts
how adorable is that!!... aww... I can´t wait to see him as a full daddy ;)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Great news Bea. Congratulations!

1 - 20 of 806 Posts