Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Everyone,
My white faced pied cinnamon has been acting strange lately. I've separated my 2 cockatiels lately so they have their own cage each. Every morning I let them out of their cages and have a little play. Harold my white faced cinnamon pied all this time has been acting like a male, talks like a male and sings like a male but, everytime he is out with max my other cockatiel he goes on a mounting position. He bends and spreads his wings a little then, max will try try to go on top to try and mate with him but ,he just tries to fly away everytime. It's weird. Is he gay?:confused::confused: Can someone enlighten me with this behavior please?
Anthony

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Well some females can talk/whistle so perhaps your pied is actually a female? If they're both males then maybe they're just confused due to lack of female company. :p Nothing wrong with that.

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
I agree with Bea, its probably lack of female company if they are indeed both male, I have read up a little on this as I had two female budgies that had a strong bond and acted more like a couple, although its rare two birds of the same sex can form a relationship together just like a male/female couple can.

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
You sure about that lol. all my boys have better relation ships with each other then with the females here
lol....well I get that, I meant more of a sexual relationship :p meaning its rare because the general rule of nature is to pass along there genes by producing there own young.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts