Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have a rescue cockatiel called Woody and have had her for approx 3 months. I suspect she was previously abandoned before being handed in to the SSPCA. She is very tame and loves being handled and cuddles etc but she is also very, very needy. We cannot even go into another room or out of sight for a minute than she is shouting for us and getting into a panic. We have to take her with us when we go away in the caravan as she cannot bear being alone without us. She spends no time in her cage apart from sleeping and when we put her there if we are eating meals or going out for a short while. We love her very much however we rarely get any time to relax as she is either on our head, body or interfering with what we are doing. We do enjoy playing with her and interacting with her but as I say she is very needy. We wondered if we should consider getting her a playmate but not sure whether to get a male or female cockatiel. We don't want to consider her breeding as we haven't got the space in her flat. Could anyone advise if this is a good idea or not and whether a male or female companion is best suited. Woody is approx 18 months old and is a nice yellow and black speckled variety. We really feel she would benefit from some company.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.