Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Its just like being in Paradise. Only cockatiel owners can understand this. I feel hugged and full of love from my babies when they do heartwings. X x Teresa

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
When my boy preens my hair, blows me kisses, nudges me very gently and does heartwings I really feel like melting... :love:

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Only cockatiel owners can understand this.
So true. When I tell people who own cats or dogs they look at me like they don't believe what I am saying. Some people think that cockatiels are just birds who chirp or swing... :(
Most people also smile when I tell them my boy has a normal name, while many dogs have normal names for example.

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
And hearing a wolf-whistle while you're getting dressed up is definitely a sure sign that your outfit looks good :D

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
.... Or when I stand up to go and play the piano and he follows me, makes himself comfortable on some books I have by the bench, and then just looks up and listens. :love:

·
Registered
507 Posts
My guys are always soooo happy to see me, whether I've been gone 5 minutes or 5 hours. It really is the best. :love:

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Love that feeling. And when he demands kisses and love after not seeing me for a bit, then closes his eyes and revels in the moment while getting his scritches. It makes me feel like I am the best mommy in the world, for him to love those moments so much.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
And when he demands kisses and love after not seeing me for a bit, then closes his eyes and revels in the moment while getting his scritches.
My boy does exactly the same and often utters a very soft peeee of joy while he is getting scritches with closed eyes. :love:

·
Registered
878 Posts
Its just like being in Paradise. Only cockatiel owners can understand this. Teresa
Exactly. I love the posts in this thread :)

·
Registered
350 Posts
We've only owned Kirby for three months, while our oldest dog we've had for six years and the youngest for one year, and Kirby thinks he is the most important, best critter in the house that needs to be greeted first. Everytime I come home, if I don't immediately greet him he screams and whistles and calls out "good morning! Pretty bird! How are you?" and other phrases until I do :lol:

I also love when Kirby gets into his scritches; he closes his eyes, grinds his beak, and turns his head this way and that to get the perfect scritch. Cockatiels really are just great :love:

Also, kind of unrelated but unbearably adorable, I've noticed that Kirby has developed a new habit. When he hears the phone ring, oftentimes he will call out "Hello? Hello?" from his cage

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
heartwings

AWWWW I know! Bennie usually stretches one wing and his tail to greet me. Sometimes when I am holding him, he'll raise both folded wings over his back (don't know what that is called other than a stretch!) So glad Jaid is there at this difficult time.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Kinda funny...I think Nacho has a foot fetish! Sometimes when he's roaming around he comes to my feet and wolf whistles to them. If I wiggle my foot or toes he'll go on and on. He only does heart wings to my feet. 😒

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts