Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of them is doing that whistle! When I walked in the door from shopping one of them did it a few times. I don't know which one is doing it though..lol

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
That is cute! :D Shame you didn't catch who it was hehe!

·
Registered
28 Posts
so cute, guys i have butterflies in my stomach lol im so excited to get my tiel tommorow ;) he is such a sweetie, i fell in love :) *blushing*

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Females ussually are the ones to make that sound. It's one long and loud tweep. Babi has two girls. Males learn to mimick and whistle.
Oh, i thought the "come here" whistle was meaning the whistle used to call a dog, that's two whistles...

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Oh, i thought the "come here" whistle was meaning the whistle used to call a dog, that's two whistles...
Me too.

My fiance has heard one of them do it too. They seem to only do it when we are out of sight.. lol I thought I heard them do it while I was sitting here but it was one whistle from each, like they were finishing each others sentences.

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Me too.

My fiance has heard one of them do it too. They seem to only do it when we are out of sight.. lol I thought I heard them do it while I was sitting here but it was one whistle from each, like they were finishing each others sentences.
They always begin whistling only when they're on their own. I bet they start doing it all the time pretty soon. :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts