Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today it hit me...(not a coconut-don't laugh:rolleyes:) I was looking around and realized how many coconut trees are around here FULL to the brim with coconuts. They are EVERYWHERE...they sell them in the supermarket too but noane buys them when you can just pick some up. SO anyways, I am in need of ideas. I want to make some nice and unique toys for the tiels and the budgies as well. I can get a drill so that's not an issue- just need ideas. :)

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
hehehe sorry didn't mean to laugh :p it just hit ya after all this time :D I don't have any good ideas :eek: I am so not good with that stuff :rolleyes: not to mention no coconut trees around here I am sure someone will come up with a few good ones,

·
Registered
227 Posts
I know this sounds weird, but depending on the size of the coconut, you could cut a hole all the way through them and then glue them together, so as to form a tunnel that your birds could crawl through.
You could also cut them in half, then cut the halves in eights so they form little slices that look like curled up pizza slices. Then drill a hole in the tip and tie some string through the hole and hang them up. This is all I could think of at the moment but I will be thinking, I hope this helps give you an idea.:)

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm thinking of the second idea too... I think doing anything resembling a dark tunnel would just give them a nesting area.. Thanks

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
You could use a half coconut and drill holes all around the outside to hang beads from (like an octopus).

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone- I'll get a few and borrow my dad's drill next time I do there.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Yeah I didn't think of them nesting. And by the way be careful when using the drill, I've cut my self so many times using my dad's carpentry tools.:)

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah I didn't think of them nesting. And by the way be careful when using the drill, I've cut my self so many times using my dad's carpentry tools.:)

LoL- thanks- I'm sure I would too and that is why I'll talk him into doing it. He fixes everything..lol

·
Registered
263 Posts
Ya know if you were feeling really crafty you could drill a two inch whole in them and start selling them on ebay for sugar glider huts people are always looking for them premade and most places over charge... Just an Idea.

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thats a good idea. I could since they are everywhere. I don't think my dad would actually let me have his drill though..

·
Registered
263 Posts
Maybe your dad could help you like predrill them and you do the rest. Just think thats more money to spoil the babies. Plus if you decide to make toys for the birdies I would be your first costumer :D

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
You could make a fortune out of making toys and selling them :) I haven't got any ideas right now, but might post one soon :D I just can't think today :)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts