Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi there I'm attaching some pictures of our 4 month old(as per petshop) cockatiel who we dont know the sex of. However she/he was doing a funny little performance today where she/he was trying to vocalize whistles and sort of responses to our hellos but bending and looking like the tiels on YouTube that were doing a mating dance.. I'm unsure if I can upload the video here but will try.. 20190424_094113_1556536090330.jpg

Attachments

Registered
Hi there! Coco is a cutie 馃檪 At four months old it鈥檚 too early to tell whether Coco is a male or female. Once he/she goes through their first molt it will be easy to determine the gender. Male normal grey cockatiels will get a full yellow face and lose the tail barring and wing spots. If she鈥檚 a female, her coloring will mostly stay the same after she molts.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Hi there! Coco is a cutie 馃檪 At four months old it鈥檚 too early to tell whether Coco is a male or female. Once he/she goes through their first molt it will be easy to determine the gender. Male normal grey cockatiels will get a full yellow face and lose the tail barring and wing spots. If she鈥檚 a female, her coloring will mostly stay the same after she molts.
thank you waiting g for the first molt to happen!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts