Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We supplied our cockatiels with fresh mashed boiled eggs. They won't touch it. They won't eat the egg food at all. They won't eat veggies except for a little lettuce. What can we do?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Well cockatiels are mischievous by nature and curious too maybe if you eat the eggs in front of them they will understand its food if they will try to take it just don't give and then let them try to "steal" the food or if you mix it with their fav treat they will eat the treat and not be scared and they might even try some.

·
Registered
10,896 Posts
Cockatiels don't need to eat eggs. Cockatiels are very prone to having problems with cholesterol, so if they eat any eggs at all it should only be a small amount.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We supplied our cockatiels with fresh mashed boiled eggs. They won't touch it. They won't eat the egg food at all. They won't eat veggies except for a little lettuce. What can we do?
Re: birds not eating fresh egg foods, I mix "Petamine" into my bird's food, along with dried greens, game bird crumbles, and some grit. the Petamine contains ground up egg. If their bodies need that nutrition, they can safely get it in a dried form, no need to worry about spoiled eggs in their cages. I also put 1 drop of liquid vitamins in their water every day.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts