Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
-Sorry if this is the wrong place to post, but I just didnt know were else to put it-

My mom bought a used copy off Amazon or Ebay and I must say it has tons of information for a new bird owner. It has everything from choosing your own cockatiel to life long health care. It really is a nice book to have around, with everything you could want to know all in one book. I recomend this book to everybody contemplating the idea of getting a cockatiel. Just search for the title on ebay or Amazon. I found it on Barnes and Nobles for 17 bucks. http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/results.asp?WRD=Cockatiels+For+Dummies&z=y
Opinions on other great cockatiel book finds are welcome.:)

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
I was recommended that book from someone I know recently as well, must be good. I might buy it soon.

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
But not everything on the internet is true, and the "experts" on the internet could be making it up, so books are good.
OH I know everything is not true and I am not saying books aren't good I love to read :D but I get most of my info from this forum and from people who have cockatiels and have been through similar experiences the books I got out of the library I read the same info on the internet there are alot of good cockatiels sites with great information and nothing beats talking to people who own them firsthand.

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
I ordered cockatiels for dummies and another tiel book off Amazon about a month ago. I'm still waiting for them to arrive though. :( The estimated delivery date was 28th dec, but with Christmas i guess it would be delayed a bit. I'm really looking forward to reading it.

·
Registered
9,464 Posts
I just bought a new book it is called Barron's guide to a well behaved parrot third edition by Mattie Sue Athan. There is a lot of good info on the web, but you can't go wrong with laying in bed and reading :p

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
I just found out today that my order has been lost. :cry: They're refunding it and creating a replacement order, so i have to wait like another couple of weeks to get the new order.

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
I just found out today that my order has been lost. :cry: They're refunding it and creating a replacement order, so i have to wait like another couple of weeks to get the new order.
Sorry..who knows what happen. My order of eucalyptus was lost..for a month then returned to sender for no reason over the holidays..The mail system is a joke sometimes.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Wow! I don't know how I missed this thread. I purchased this book today at the mall and have read the first 100 pages already. Then I found this thread tonight. Very strange. Anyway the book is really good so far. There are things I have read on the internet but also several things I didn't already read. I'm glad I bought the book.

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
:p My original order arrived, and i dashed to the computer to tell them to cancel my replacement order and about 5 mins later i get an email saying it's been shipped. :rolleyes:

Anyway, i've been reading Cockatiels for Dummies today, and it seems like a really good book. The only part that i really really don't like is the information on diet. It implies that pellets offer a complete diet, and veggies are treats only. "Treats" like egg should be limited to special occasions. :huh: Basically what's being said is that an all pellet diet would be fine but boring, and veggies is only to offer mental stimulation. :rolleyes: That's really really bad information for a new cockatiel owner to be reading.

The other book i got was Why Do Cockatiels Do That? which is a really funny quick read. The illustrations are just classic!! I would definitely recommend it for anyone with kids, because it's such a fun book, and informative at the same time.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts