Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I have both of my cockatiels on me,they won't even perch beside eachother because they fight if they get that close. They are siblings,I think two males. I don't know what their behaviour is like in the cage because when I'm there they are never in the cage. (My cage was posted on another thread,I can't remember dimensions) will I have to separate the two cockatiels?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It has been going on for a while,it started way before I got the new cage. One is a bit of a "bully" he's like that with people and other birds.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Unless they're actually hurting each other like pulling feathers or drawing blood, they're probably fine. My tiels used to fight a lot. They learned to leave each other alone most of the time. Just make sure the cage is big enough for them to have their own space, and put in lots of different perches so they don't have to share one if they don't want to. My birds each have their own perch that they claimed.

·
Registered
89 Posts
We have all males at my house and my two are the only two that bicker. The other three seem to have a distinct pecking order. My two are both top dogs and are both unwilling to back down, so they bicker pretty much every day. Eventually they get bored and go sit at opposite ends of the cage or one sits on top and the other stays inside. By morning they're sitting next to each other again. Just keep an eye on them and as long as they aren't causing injuries to one another, let them duke it out.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They don't cause any injuries to eachother. The cage is big enough for them to get away from eachother.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts