Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was buying bird food at the petstore, and this little blue budgie kept coming up to me. Which was weird, since the budgies at the store aren't tamed, but he'd keep coming up to the glass everytime I put my finger up to it. So... I bought him. XD I kept him separate from the tiels for a long time, but then I put his cage near them and he REALLY wanted in with them. So eventually I put them together to see how they'd do. He kept trying to sit by them, but they'd just scoot away XD so mean! But now they're best friends. I let him out of the cage and the tiels frantically look for him and he flies back over to them.

Is this normal behavior? I've always heard budgies were aggressive to cockatiels.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
budgies

So happy they are getting along so well! That must be fun to see them interact! :) I didn't have such luck. I had a budgie for a while while I had Meshach. The budgie would pester her and she really wanted nothing to do with him. One day he bit one of her toes really hard and she had a deformed toe the rest of her life. It was just a little crooked and didn't seem to interfere with her walking, but it still looked a little strange. I ended up giving the budgie to my sister who had a large cage with several budgies.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts