Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my cockatiel for over a year now I got him at about six months old from a reputable breeder I have spent so much time with him he has a perfect set up nice roomy cage jungle gym excellent food lots of time out of the cage he’s basically only in it for the recommended hours of sleeping I have done everything exactly as everyone says you should he is not scared of me he likes to sing and play and he’ll step up on my finger but he doesn’t like to be around me and most of the time it seems like he hates me I know he doesn’t hate me but he doesn’t want to be around me really he doesn’t come in ask for scratches like I see so many birds do he just doesn’t seem like he’s bonded with me he doesn’t ever wanna sit by me or be near me and I don’t understand what else can I do I’ve read some about them going through a hormonal stage so I’m wondering if he’ll grow out of this being so mean or if he just is one of those birds that won’t tame and what I could do I mean I’ve done everything I could think of tried to get him to like me and I know it takes a while for animals to warm up to you it’s not like I got him a week ago and want him to be in love with me I’ve had him for like almost a year and a half and I spend tons of time with him and he just is like no thanks ? Any tips ? Has anyone else has a bird like this will he ever be sweet or ? I love him ! Don’t get me wrong but I just really want him to bond

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.