Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I recently got her (think its her), about 3 days ago from a pet store. The first two days she's been alright, getting used to her environment, today though she's been making this twitching action and it's really worrying me. Does anyone know what this is, and if I should go to a vet?

she's 3 months old according to the pet store I bought it from

·
Registered
276 Posts
Is she actually he? The sound does not like sneezing but more mimic sound make by other animal. If she is actually he, will make perfect sense. Male cockatiel start to mimic sound he's familiar to at age of 3 months.

If she is she, then, there maybe some sneezing related issue. Cockatiel's nose is extremely sensitive to certain smell. Does she make the sound only after preening or randomly?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm uncertain on it's gender, but I do believe it's a she. From what I've seen, it does happen randomly, sometimes she'll be eating, or she'll be preening or just standing there and it'll happen.

·
Registered
8 Posts
my Cockatiel used to do this after grooming because she would inhale dander and she would try to sneeze it out. but because cockatiels are famous for having respiratory problems I would recommend you take her to an avian veterinarian to be safe , it could be a lung infection.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello, I recently got her (think its her), about 3 days ago from a pet store. The first two days she's been alright, getting used to her environment, today though she's been making this twitching action and it's really worrying me. Does anyone know what this is, and if I should go to a vet?

she's 3 months old according to the pet store I bought it from

My cockatiel is making this noise constantly, did you ever get an answer? Is she okay?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Turns out it was a he, and yea he's okay. Turns out it was just him sneezing, though now he doesn't do it as much as he did in the video.

I would recommend a vet though if you're still worried.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts