Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please help! My cockatiel is constantly screaming. I have to put her in the bathroom because I'm afraid my landlord will complain. When she's in the dark or in the shower she's fine but as soon as I take her cage to another room she screams / screeches so loud!
Even when I pick her up and try to play with her she continues.

I have no idea what to do.. Is she sick? Or is she just being a little brat?
:(

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
That does not sound good at all, if I were you I'd make a vet appointment as soon as you can, she must be telling you there's something wrong.

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
yeah i'd start with a vet check.
if it was a behavioural problem, it'd be normal for her to scream when you're gone, and stop when you're there. i've never heard of something like continual screaming regardless of anything before :(
i'd rule out the possibility of illness first, and then start considering behavioural issues etc.
good luck!

·
Registered
66 Posts
When we were having a big clearout recently Nigel got very noisy when a large pile of boxes appeared in the room, but as soon as I moved them out he settled down. Have you moved anything around at home?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When we were having a big clearout recently Nigel got very noisy when a large pile of boxes appeared in the room, but as soon as I moved them out he settled down. Have you moved anything around at home?
Thank you to everyone who replied, took her to the vet yesterday (156$ for a checkup! Ouch :( ah the cost of anything in Hawaii..) and her bacteria count or something of the sorts is normal, he checked her mouth and behind, but she does have mites which I now have a spray for. Plus we just stayed at my parents house for a few days and there's a new piece of furniture.. AND she might just be going through some hormonal issues now -.- Aish.. So there's a lot of possibilities.

I'll have to check the behavioral issues board

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
That is good you took her to the vet , I would think the mites could be the cause of her screaming . Maybe she will stop after they are gone :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts