Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me what would be a good pellet for cockatiels. I have a 3 year old and now a 9 wrk old. Right now I’m giving the 9 week old seed and Roudybush mini pellet. Was wondering what other people use. Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello
I do not sell anything, but I can help you with choosing a house (habitat) for your pet. I made a comparison of several cells and described it all on my page - bestpetshome

·
Registered
15 Posts
My Shiloh loves Kaytee's Exact Natural pellets and scarfs them down. I was also adding Lafeber tiel pellets to her seed mix but the area pet stores stopped carrying it. So I switched to Roudybush crumbles. I had tried the minis but she didn't like them.

Cathy and Shiloh

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok. Sounds like some good different choices for them. One question, I always just use Roudybush would it be ok to mix different pellet brands so that they have a mixture of different pellets? Or is it best to just stick to one brand? Thanks for all the good suggestions. :wf pied:

·
Registered
200 Posts
My tiel loves roudybush mini, my former tiel who was a seed junkie would only try seed sized pellets. I think instead of a mixture you can add some dehydrated veges to give it some color and make it look interesting . You can have varying sizes also if your bird likes that, I have budgies so I have tried that before. Now when I want my tiel to have a change up I sprinkle some small dehydrated vege in the pellet dish. You can buy this already packed called California blend from roudybush , I dehydrate my own veges with a dehydrator. I give my birds dehydrated veges if I can’t be home within four hours to change out their wet food. Sometimes I rehydrates them slightly as well so I don’t have to buy fresh veges as often. And sometimes I sprinkle it on their wet vege mash for variety. Birds can get bored like us so sometimes it helps to give them a varied diet :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I use HARI tropican lifetime formula pellets and ZuPreem FruitBlend pellets. I don't recommend you get the fruit ones for cockatiels as they arent really sweet tooths

1 - 9 of 9 Posts