Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to this forum and have had Canaries for over 25 years. I moved to Cape Breton last fall and for the last two months I have enjoyed the two baby cockatiels I bought. They were are approximately 3 months old and I recently returned from two weeks away and they are exhibiting behaviour I need help with. They are learning to fly around our main floor but recently they go on top of the cage and they take turns with loud screeching and aggressive behavior. I have yet to get them to Step Up on my hand, but they will Step Up on a perch when I am returning them to their cage when they don't return from flying around our main floor. I have fed them broccoli and Millet once a week by hand. From what I read, this behavior is a "Flock Call", while I was gone, my fiancé had her 4 grandkids stay with her. How do I deal with the aggressive behavior and how do I earn their trust to have them Step Up on my hand? I want to train them properly so they will be friendly and comfortable being part of our household. Your help would be greatly appreciated
Brian ONeill

1 - 1 of 1 Posts