Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm getting a cockatiel very very soon (well really in a few months but...) In June, and I want to have a few possible names picked out. I will pick out the name according to their personality of course but I don't know that many!

The names I have thought of so far: Lucifer, Toodles, Coockoo Loca, Tweety. Toodles and Coockoo loca are inspired from Mickey Mouse (one of my baby sister's obsessions)

Please list some names that are personality based or other names such as Kiwi or Sapphire (naming them after colors or objects).
I would like to come up with a lot of names so anyone else that comes across this thread can pick out a name or two so this thread can be the gift that keeps on giving!

·
Registered
61 Posts
So I'm getting a cockatiel very very soon (well really in a few months but...) In June, and I want to have a few possible names picked out. I will pick out the name according to their personality of course but I don't know that many!

The names I have thought of so far: Lucifer, Toodles, Coockoo Loca, Tweety. Toodles and Coockoo loca are inspired from Mickey Mouse (one of my baby sister's obsessions)

Please list some names that are personality based or other names such as Kiwi or Sapphire (naming them after colors or objects).
I would like to come up with a lot of names so anyone else that comes across this thread can pick out a name or two so this thread can be the gift that keeps on giving!
Congrats on getting a cockatiel soon!

Here are some names I could think of: Pearl, Twitter, Puff/Puffy, Sam/Sammy, Chirp/Chirpy, Sunny, Buddy, and Skittles.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Here are a few of mine for females: Pepper, Loulou, Matilda, Auzzie, Sunny, Harper, and Honey. Males are: Buzz, Kiwi, Ziggy, Mr Peanut, and Tiki.

·
Registered
2 Posts

Our raucous boy was named Isa. (Eee-sah). There was a boxer in Italy who invaded our room at a farm B&B and stole my husband's boxer shorts and ran around the farm with them. The boxer's name was Isaiah (pronounced Eee-sah -EEE-ah in Italian). Loved that guy.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I named my first cockatiel Clover, so when I got my second I wanted to keep with the plant theme. Given their Australian origin and the fact that she was a very yellow variety I named her Mallee.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts