Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 13year old male Cockatiel has recently been loosing a lot of feathers like he never did before, they are empty feathers, no blue but I haven't noticed any new ones growing over the past two weeks. He is still active and has been eating the same pallets for over 5 months which come with vitamins and nutrients. I give him a lot of attention and he has a lot of toys to chew at etc. I don't have a vet anywhere near by for such small pets, can anyone help or knows what's happening?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What pellets do you feed? My bird going through same she’s 15 I’m sure they will regrow. Try a tonic in her water too.
He gets the mix of seeds with sunflower and pellets like always, 5 months ago I have switch back to the more expensive ones with vitamins and minerals which he had eaten before but it is only recently that they are back at the pet store. Apart from the feather lost, his behaviour and appetite hasn't changed, he's plays around and is very chirpy but never went through such a feather lost.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.