Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Lutino Cockatiel
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!
Today around noon, I noticed Waffle lifted one of her wing while someone else was holding her, and ran over to me.

She ate fine, and her weight is normal (93 grams)
And she hasn't done it since the person left, It was a brief moment so I couldn't get a photo unfortunately..

Is she by any chance hurt?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hello!
Today around noon, I noticed Waffle lifted one of her wing while someone else was holding her, and ran over to me.

She ate fine, and her weight is normal (93 grams)
And she hasn't done it since the person left, It was a brief moment so I couldn't get a photo unfortunately..

Is she by any chance hurt?
Hmm, good question. Can Waffles fly? If so, has she been flying around that time? I know that sometimes Halo will lift his wing after flying a lot.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Yep, she definitely can fly. Do you reckon her wings itchy or something? Cause she did it again but the it was just me. But she preend a bit, then went back to normal.
Halo injured himself a while ago while he was flying. I can't remember how. This was usually the cause of his wing-lifting. It wasn't severe and it went away in a few months, but if it looks like your 'tiel is in pain and she lifts her wing very often, try the sock method. Use an old sock and cut holes for the feet and head. This will keep her wing pinned to her body to heal, sort of like a cast. Her wing will then heal overtime. ONLY do this when the injury is severe, because it is very uncomfortable for your cockatiel, plus they don't have their wings or their ability to fly.

·
Registered
Lutino Cockatiel
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Halo injured himself a while ago while he was flying. I can't remember how. This was usually the cause of his wing-lifting. It wasn't severe and it went away in a few months, but if it looks like your 'tiel is in pain and she lifts her wing very often, try the sock method. Use an old sock and cut holes for the feet and head. This will keep her wing pinned to her body to heal, sort of like a cast. Her wing will then heal overtime. ONLY do this when the injury is severe, because it is very uncomfortable for your cockatiel, plus they don't have their wings or their ability to fly.

Hi!
Thanks so much for the reply!
I dont think she has hirt her wing, but when she flies around the room sometimes the tips of her feathers hit the wall :cry: However, I don't think Waffles wings are in anyway injured.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hi!
Thanks so much for the reply!
I dont think she has hirt her wing, but when she flies around the room sometimes the tips of her feathers hit the wall :cry: However, I don't think Waffles wings are in anyway injured.
I think the feathers hitting the wall won't do much damage, unless in the upthrust position, the feathers can break. It's more if her whole wing or body hits the wall, if you understand.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts