Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This tuesday I took my cockatiel to the vet after she had a pretty bad night fright, lost most of her flight feathers on her wings and had some blood on one of them. My vet prescribed some antibiotics (just in case, wound was pretty clean) and anti-inflammatory for the pain. Problem is she bearly eating or drinking, lost almost10 grams in 3-4 days (98g to 90-89g), she mostly just sleeps and preens herself. Took her to the vet again to see if there was any reason to this and he couldn't find anything else, said she is pretty healthy even though she lost weight (he was saying she's a little on the fat side), also she was pretty active at the vet and on the way there, complaining and resisting examination (as always). So now pretty much my only option is to wait for her check up in a week, and even though the vet didn't seem that much worried I can't help to do so. If anyone has had similar incidents I would really appreciate any advice on the matter, not sure if I should feed her some formula or just leave her healing on her own. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
134 Posts
This tuesday I took my cockatiel to the vet after she had a pretty bad night fright, lost most of her flight feathers on her wings and had some blood on one of them. My vet prescribed some antibiotics (just in case, wound was pretty clean) and anti-inflammatory for the pain. Problem is she bearly eating or drinking, lost almost10 grams in 3-4 days (98g to 90-89g), she mostly just sleeps and preens herself. Took her to the vet again to see if there was any reason to this and he couldn't find anything else, said she is pretty healthy even though she lost weight (he was saying she's a little on the fat side), also she was pretty active at the vet and on the way there, complaining and resisting examination (as always). So now pretty much my only option is to wait for her check up in a week, and even though the vet didn't seem that much worried I can't help to do so. If anyone has had similar incidents I would really appreciate any advice on the matter, not sure if I should feed her some formula or just leave her healing on her own. Thanks in advance!
Did the vet do an xray on her? Maybe its something internal you cant see with the bear eye? I dont know im not a vet of course but idk..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did the vet do an xray on her? Maybe its something internal you cant see with the bear eye? I dont know im not a vet of course but idk..
Not x ray but checked her overall and found nothing else wrong, she is slowly being more active and eating more, but she is still losing weight, although she loses fewer grams, she seems to be platoing at around 87-88

1 - 4 of 4 Posts