Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So last night my cat somehow got in my room and scared my cockatiel while she was sleeping and she got a night fright.
She started screeching and I calmed her down and took her on my hand, I noticed that one of her wings is shorter than the other one (pictures included) and her flight wings are gone. She can't fly but she tries to. Will her feathers grow back and should I take her to a vet? Please help I'm so worried

·
Registered
I have normal greys, whiteface, pearl pieds, creamface cinnamons, and pearls.
673 Posts
First of all, I am so sorry you had to wait this long for a reply! Yes, ALL her feathers will eventually grow back. When tiels thrash around in there cage after a scare they can and often do damage wing feathers. Since this happened a while back, did you notice any blood on her feathers? Sometimes they can get what's known as a "blood feather" that's where it breaks off but still attached to the bird sometimes. The FIRST order of business here is to stop the bleeding. If the feather looks like it's just barely hanging on, it's best to pull it out. I hope by now your bird is doing better!
Robert

1 - 2 of 2 Posts