Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cockatiel had just went through the hardship of loosing his budgie friend and im convinced its because of nutrition problems. Recently ive gotten vitamin water supplements for my bird and he seems to be doing better but no matter how hard i try he refuses to eat vegetables. i tried covering his seeds with veggies but the little guy finds a way to get to the seeds and avoid the vegetables. I want to go to a vet but im trying for one last time to see if i can do anything to start feeding him veggies.

·
Registered
64 Posts
My cockatiel only really likes broccoli if I cut it up and cut off the little green seed like parts of the end of the broccoli (not the stalk the other part). Maybe you could try cutting up the broccoli head into small seed size pieces and mixing that with his seed.

I hope that helps! and I'm sorry about your budgie

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm sorry you lost your Budgie but perhaps you could get another. I know you can't replace the one you lost but your Tiel may be lonely. When my female Tiel died the male just kept screaming and looking everywhere for her. So my girlfriend suggested getting another one. We did and it was the best thing they are such good friends.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Sorry for the loss of your budgie.

My cockatiels are the same with veg and food

After 5-6 years of owning them my solutions was spinach leaves not cut up and leaving the stalk on. But they would only eat from a separate bowl and not mixed with their food.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have 2 females and in the morning they get fresh chopped veggies in one feeder and sprouts in the other, they really love their sprouts and I sprout every couple of days. These are the first Tiels Ive ever had but they seem to be doing well. Sprouting is pretty easy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts