Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My female cockatiel is about 5 years old and she has laid eggs before multiple times, and she just laid another egg on 01/30/21. She laid her first egg and I accidentally broke it. Two days after, she laid another egg and so on. So far she has laid 4 eggs , but I broke the first one So she has three. It’s weird because she always lays six egg and this is he first time she lays less. I started to notice that she stopped Eating from the food bowl that is hanging, so i put a small plate on the bottom of her cage and she started eating from that plate. I also started to notice that she was eating more than usual (about 5 time a day, when she only used come out like 2 times out of the nesting box). I noticed that she wasn’t really pooping so I started to worry. When she came out to eat, I grabbed her and noticed a big lump, which I’ve never seen. As soon as I grabbed her, she started to push and she pooped A LOT. And when I say a lot I mean a lot. That was a big relief, but she still has the bump and I just don’t know what to do. *Also, I had to separate the male bird because he always attacks her whenever she lays eggs and doesn’t want her to come in the nesting box. He has killed many of their babies so, I always have to take him out when she lays eggs. I have had to raise their chicks many times because they abandon them. This probably doesn’t have anything to do with this, but I just wanted to point it out.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.