Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2 cockatieks have been nesting and there poop smells absolutely terrible it wasnt like this before but I've noticed them chewing and eating the nest box wood aswell i don't know if it my be a infection or not

·
Registered
7 Posts
My 2 cockatieks have been nesting and there poop smells absolutely terrible it wasnt like this before but I've noticed them chewing and eating the nest box wood aswell i don't know if it my be a infection or not
An avian vet is your best bet. Droppings and behavior are good signals of issues. Birds try to hide any issues, and when people actually see health problems, the bird is usually really sick. What is the nest box made of? Treated wood can be bad if not deadly. Nesting teils do tend to smell some, but not to the point it’s really disgusting.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
An avian vet is your best bet. Droppings and behavior are good signals of issues. Birds try to hide any issues, and when people actually see health problems, the bird is usually really sick. What is the nest box made of? Treated wood can be bad if not deadly. Nesting teils do tend to smell some, but not to the point it’s really disgusting.
It not treated wood and they don't even look sick at all they sing and fly around but it smells like rotted wood some days no smell then some days it gets bad I really don't understand

1 - 3 of 3 Posts