Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my tiel blu cant stop scratching and plucking feathers a collar has helped to keep him from plucking but as soon as i remove the collar he starts scratching
he is active singing all day he eats well ,we give vitamins as well ,we treated him for giardia as well,we have gone to the vet twice but they say everything is fine,i have tried a lot of home remedies as well but none of them seem to help him ,
we dont even put him in the cage he is outside all the time and he has a lot of toys as well .
pls pls help
tell me what should i do????????
its been over 4 months and he is now bald under his wings what should I do? ????
pls help me
i feel like crying

·
Registered
786 Posts
Have you tried misting him with water? You can use a spray water bottle and use warm water, then spray from above so its like rain coming down. That could help. Also is he getting pinfeathers from all the loss of feathers? He may be molting, and that can make them itch. Hope he gets better soon!

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
How frustrating! Especially when the vet can't find what is wrong!

I second the idea of misting. it could help with the itchies, especially with possible pin feathers forming. Good luck to you guys!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts