Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

We bought a cockatiel last year, when he was about a year old. He's still scared of our hands, if we go to close to him with our hands he gets in like attack/defence position. He does talk and whistle which is good, but some days he's so loud, he barely takes breaks between just screaming/whistling loudly, and I'm not sure what could be causing this? We had a cockatiel previously, but he passed from a respiratory infection, he was hand-reared and stepped up.
Just looking for some advise, as I just want to make sure he's as comfortable as possible

·
Registered
I have normal greys, whiteface, pearl pieds, creamface cinnamons, and pearls.
779 Posts
It sounds like your bird wasn't properly hand raised or tamed when it was a baby. Now with that said, somebody obviously worked with him if he whistles and talks. The screaming could just be hormonal looking for a mate or attention. Have you thought about maybe getting him a companion bird?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We've thought about it, but we wouldn't really be able to provide the right space for another bird, and I wouldn't want to bring another bird in and not be able to care for it 100% how it needs to be

1 - 3 of 3 Posts