Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello friends,

I have a cockatiel pair Lutino female and grey male and they are breeding but after the eggs hatch their babies are dieng sometime they wont feed them and sometime they feed them and when i check them next day i find them dead and this is happening from last 3 months and they had laid eggs 2 time and all the chicks are dead till now 5+4. Can anyone help me in this regard.
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
Hello there and welcome to the forum!

How old is your pair? Are they a properly bonded pair? If this is an ongoing thing I would remove the nest box and give them a few months break, but it sounds like an incompatible breeding pair to me (or a pair that is too young to be breeding to begin with).

·
Registered
227 Posts
poor nutrition may also contribute to weak newhatches so they dont beg for food=dead in a day or two. Make sure your pair gets rich diet with greens,soaked seeds, boiled eggs and so on. But for now-give them a few months break before you breed them again

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.