Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.

So my 5 and a half month cockateil got out his cage. We have only had him 3 weeks. Hes not hand tamed but slowly we have been earning his trust. When he got out unexpectedley he flew into the window. I dont know what part of him hit. He seemed stunned. Not able to fly. I got him back in his cage. He is chirping away. No signs of blood on face etc. Will he be ok. What should I be looking for. Is that all the trust we earned gone? Hes still talking away to us. Please help :(

·
Registered
403 Posts
Really sorry to hear of your birds accident. Sadly, birds flying into windows happens all too often. What's worse is I'm pretty sure he struck the glass with his head or beak. No doubt he saw stars for a few minutes. for him, it would be like you walking under a large beam and banging your head on it! If there was no blood and he seems ok now, I'm sure THIS time all is good. As for the trust issue.....I really think a cockatiel would realize you had nothing to do with it.

Robert

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Really sorry to hear of your birds accident. Sadly, birds flying into windows happens all too often. What's worse is I'm pretty sure he struck the glass with his head or beak. No doubt he saw stars for a few minutes. for him, it would be like you walking under a large beam and banging your head on it! If there was no blood and he seems ok now, I'm sure THIS time all is good. As for the trust issue.....I really think a cockatiel would realize you had nothing to do with it.

Robert
Thanks so much Robert. :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
well try taking him to the windows and tap ur finger on it and his beak to make him realise theres something there and/or place stickers on the windows to warn him

1 - 4 of 4 Posts