Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody.
I am a new cockatiel owner and have 3 of them. I want to be able to let them out of their cage but im scared they are going to fly away!!! They do not let me hold them or come to me yet. Should i clip their wings or what should i do?? I want them to be able to get more exercise!! Need Help!!! Thank you everyone in advance!

·
Registered
5,635 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum. First, do you keep your tiels inside? Tiels, even with clipped wings, should never be loose outside. They either need to be a cage or harness. Assuming your tiels are inside- they won't fly far. :) But you need to work on taming them and teaching them to step up first. If you look under the training and bonding section, there is a "stickies" section at the top which has some helpful information. Whether to clip or not is personal choice. How old are your tiels? Young tiels shouldn't have their wings clipped until they learn how to fly. My tiel is flighted and I enjoy him being able to fly. But he's very mellow. I don't have other pets that could put him at risk, etc.

·
Registered
8,164 Posts
I closed this thread since you have one already open on the same subject.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.