Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I got a cage from some friends and since I'm going to be getting a 'tiel soon, how should I clean the cage, and what should I use? Thanks!

·
Registered
215 Posts
I clean everything with bleach. I usually stick whatever I'm cleaning into the tub, spray it with bleach and rinse it off.

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
I use a vinegar and water solution for daily cleaning. I don't use bleach or anything more then soap on things like that since I'm always afraid that it'll sink in and not rinse off properly.

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
I use vinegar and hot water too. ;) For the cages that fit i use the bath and the shower head that attaches to the tap like a hose. Works well!

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
Just apple cidar vinagar and water here , i wash everything with it, from their perches, toys to the cage when it's nice out side I take the cage and bigger parts ( like the trays) out side and use the hose to spray em and i take a bowl of water and apple cidar vinagar out with a rag and scrub everything down and just hose it clean

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
I hose everything down out side and clean their bowls with washing up liquid :D Vinegar is also a good idea:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts