Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a second-hand small cage to use to take my cockatiel outside with me occasionally. I had planned to use bleach water to clean it but I just read your long post on "Hazards" and bleach fumes was listed. What would you suggest I use to clean/disinfect this cage before putting my guy in it? The cage looks clean, but it still should be cleaned by me. And while I'm at it, I was going to automatically clean my electric oven, putting his cage in another room with door closed (but slider opened to outside for fresh air) - is that good enough, and how long should I keep him separated like that? I do have a large floor fan I could use after the cleaning and blow it toward the door going outside to the garage. Thanks so much for any info/advice on these two issues!!! :grey tiel:

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
You can use bleach, just make sure to use it outside or in another room away from your 'tiel. Make sure to rinse the cage thoroughly with water afterward, and air it outside for a few days before putting your 'tiel in it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts