Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
He looks like a grey split to pied, but the lighting isn't the best, unfortunately. If he is indeed a male, he will get a bright yellow face after his first molt.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you! It doesn't matter to me what he is I just I wasn't sure because he was so light but didn't know if that qualifies as cinnamon I just knew he had that unmistakable tik mark but not much else. I don't even know he's a "he" for sure just the breeders guess. He sings and whistles and learned to mimic the cat call whistle in less than a week of being here in my home and according to the wing sexing chart it says male. But I should be able to tell for sure if he gets his yellow head after his first molt. If not Travis Barker might turn into "trixy" 😂

·
Registered
666 Posts
Yeah, some greys will lighten up as they get older. Do you know the mutations of his parents? Were they both cinnamon? Yes, he is for sure split to pied because of the yellow tick marks on the back of his neck. He sounds like a male, but you'll for sure be able to tell after his first molt.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't know the parents but I know I chose him out of a clutch of five and he was the only one not pearled. One was a cinn pearl and one was cinn pearl whiteface even. He was the only one that didn't have pearling an bright yellow other than the whiteface but he also had beautiful cinn pearls. I went there wanting one of the pearls but Travis was the first one to step up to me. He lookes the plainest I was worried no one else would choose him. So I did and I'm glad.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Okay, it sounds like the parents definitely have cinnamon, but I'd have to know for sure what mutations the parents were. Either way, he is very handsome! 🥰

1 - 8 of 8 Posts