Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really want to get a Christmas toy for Spike and my budgie Icarus. Does anyone know a good trust worthy site or store? I walked in to one pet store and asked if they had christmas bird toys and they looked at me like I was crazy :p There are tons of cat and dog christmas toys why none for birds?

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
I agree with Bea- you're probably better off doing it yourself. You know what Spike likes anyway.

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
sadly there is probably just not the demand for them like there is for cats and dogs, there are still alot of people out there that think birds just sit in cages and tweet once in awhile :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Me and my mum went looking for a bird christmas toy and there were none. So in the end we just bought a normal toy, Earl plays with anything anyway so he won't mind.

I wish they did sell Bird's christmas toys, but i guess there isn't any company who thinks it is needed. :(

And i hate those people aswell, theey get on my nerves :mad:

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
I wondered the same thing you can walk into just about any store or at least here I can even a local grocery store and find some where a dog or cat or both (most of the times both unless they're sold out of one) Christmas stocking filled to the brim with toys/treats etc for the specific animal

But not one single one for a bird

perhaps we should start making our own and selling them! Prove to people birds are not a "knick knack" they do way more then sit there and collect dust :)

·
Registered
9,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
they do way more then sit there and collect dust :)
Yes most of our tiels help make the dust :p I seen this toy I really like but Iam not sure If the site can be trusted. Is there a website I can check that shows trusted sites? The next step would be getting my dad to let me use his card :eek:

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
:D You will have to persude him to use your card, hope the site doesn't let you down(if you do order the toy) :) I don't know any website that you can check trusted sites sorry :)

:D:D:D:DWe should make our own toys and sell them shouldn't we :D:D:D:D

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
I agree, make your toys. That way you can choose what goes on it, and to be honest its so much cheaper as well. Pet stores round here seem to have a lack of toys for birds as well, its annoying.

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
Yes most of our tiels help make the dust :p I seen this toy I really like but Iam not sure If the site can be trusted. Is there a website I can check that shows trusted sites? The next step would be getting my dad to let me use his card :eek:

Most websites will have a Big green arrow on it or on the ordering pages, stating they use a ecryption site so no one can get your card number or something similar it should say some where it is a safe site

I've used my debit card to order from dr foster and smith, and Pet smart and I pay most of my bills on line with it as well ( I know not bird related but LOL)

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
I agree, make your toys. That way you can choose what goes on it, and to be honest its so much cheaper as well. Pet stores round here seem to have a lack of toys for birds as well, its annoying.

Yes pet stores do have a lack of toys, and the very few that they have they are really expensive :mad:
Why do they make them so expensive they are for a living creature :D

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
I wish there was more xmas stuff for birds too. :D One time, and one time only, we found one of those xmas stockings with bird stuff in it. It wasn't good quality either - there was a mirror, plastic budgie toy, and a seed stick. :p

·
Registered
9,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I went to the checkout and all it added was the 2 toys price :confused: No tax or anything? Well I will have to wait and see if they email me back.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Wow... all this talk about lack of bird toys. Hum- PetCo and PetSmart sell lots- PetSmart more so. Don't know about other stores you guys have.

HOWEVER- we moved to California from Washington State, and there is an amazing bird store here in my town. I believe you can order toys from them actually... they have an online store, but I've never spent much time looking (I can do it in person!!!)

Here's the link- Thought I'd share! :D

http://www.thebirdshoponline.com/the_bird_shop.htm

1 - 20 of 23 Posts