Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spike got a tiny piece of chocolate that fell on the ground. I washed it of of his toe but he ate a piece :eek: He seems ok and is sleeping on one foot. And he was asking Icarus if he wants to go to bed like usual. Does anyone know what I should watch for? puffed up ect? Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,294 Posts
How much is a tiny piece? I'm not sure what it would take to be toxic, but it is probably more than a crumb that fell while someone was eating some.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,602 Posts
Just watch him carefully tonight and tommorrow...Mine always try to go for the chocolate and I have to put them away anytime I'm eating it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Spike seems fine today :) I weighed him and he is 79 grams. And he seems to be acting normal. I going to weigh him again tonight. It was a whole made chocolate bark with pretzels in chocolate, I think that is why it broke apart so easy. I will keep checking him though tonight to make sure though. He won't be out anymore when there is chocolate around.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Spike is doing good :D He is 80 grams now but I think he just had a snack :) The most he has weighed was 82 grams. I guess it is ok to very a bit.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top