Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, here is my 18 day old chick. I had to remove him(I just call it a him) at 9 days old along with his sibling. Its been a rocky road his sibling had slow/sour crop when removed from the nest, which thank fully we managed to overcome and thriving now. This little one however was the last to hatch and looked smaller than the siblings. He eats well and is gaining weight at a steady pace we are at 62g now 9 days ago he was 19g.
My concern is his wings, they seem to stick out, you can tuck them under but as soon as he relaxes they stick out again. Whatever the outcome these 2 chicks are staying with me. But I wondered if anyone had seen this before and could advise me a) what caused it, b) how I can prevent it happening again and c) can I do anything to rectify this? Many thanks in advance

Sorry about side on pictures they uploaded normal way from my phone. Not sure how to rotate on tinypic.

·
Registered
103 Posts
He has "angel wings" (slipped/crocked wings) which will need to be dealt with while still young (the sooner the better). I suggest having him seen by an avian vet as there are a few known causes for this. the most usual treatment is taping the wing in the correct position

1 - 3 of 3 Posts