Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chica is my first bird. She was originaly my mom's bird, but then my mom got tired of her, and I had to give her fresh food and water everyday. I did not know that you could train cockatiels (silly me) because Chica was the only cockatiel that I had ever met(and she was not tame). Then one day, I came across a little pet shop where they had a cage with three young cockatiels the man said that I could hold my finger out like a perch and that they would step up onto it, so I tried it and the tiel stepped up! I was also suprised that I could scratch his head and that he would let me do it! So when we left, I decided that I wanted my bird to be almost as tame as the one in the store, so I started training Chica.
Over the few weeks after I started training her, I've noticed some improvment! For example, she'll let me feed her millet with my hand an inch away! While before she got very upset with my hand just being in the cage.
And that's Chica's biography.
If you're wondering why I didn't purchase the bird in the pet shop, we were visiting someone a couple states away, so we wouldn't be able to travel with him.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts