Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know the chewing problem has been discussed before so it is boring to start a new thread, but the other threads have been closed...
So I was doing my music work with headphones and somehow I was concentrating so much that I didn't notice my boy climbing up my back. Of course I noticed when the sound of the headphones suddenly went off and I saw his crest with the back of my eye. :( They were VERY expensive headphones and he managed to cut the cable off with just 1 bite!
I always pay attention with headphones, but somehow I had not noticed he had managed to get close to them...

I was upset, but then he looked at me and started blowing me kisses, so I had to forgive him and now I am just using some cheap headphones I don't like at all. :(

It is impossible not to forgive a cockatiel who "gives you the sweet look"...

·
Registered
786 Posts
Oh wow, do I know the chewing. Sorry you lost the headphones too! I have a t-shirt that has a lot of little embellishments on it, and of course Milo loves to chew holes on each one...so now its know as Milo's shirt... I wear it just for him. It's holy.... :p

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
I've had the same thing happen to an old pair of speakers, and headphones too.. I now keep my Sennheiser headphones out of reach of probing 'tiel beaks but it only takes a split-second of distraction for something to happen, like you describe.. darn it! :p

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mine are, er were Sennheiser too, Vickitiel. I remembered to hide them every time I left the room, then only because I was concentrating on something I didn't feel that kid climb up my back...
I understand you, JoJo's Mom... I once had a vest that had an animal embroidered on it, and he just would not stop playing with it... until I found a hole of course. :huh:

·
Registered
128 Posts
Oh no!:mad:... I have Sennheiser headphones too.From now onwards i will hide that also..Not sure when Cutie might nibble it just like your kid did:)

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Joey has gotten himself out of trouble on many occasions by immediately doing something heart meltingly adorable. Fortunately, he hasn't chewed anything we truly love, or was expensive...yet. He seems content, for the most part, to stay on his cage top play area and destroy shreddable toys.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Haha what a funny thread. Well sorry about the headphones:(, I find my girl chewing off all my sparkles on my shirt:eek:, now it is just a plan shirt<_<. She chews on cords, wires, and tears off labels on everything! She tore off the label of the soap bottle. She tore the label off the peroxide bottle, chews up homework:rofl:, and anything she can get her beak on! She even tore through my iPad case and chew on the furniture:mad:! More chewing than a dog:eek:!!!

Lol, love the stories!:p

~Skye

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
She chews on cords, wires, and tears off labels on everything!
~Skye
My boy too. I had a kangaroo sticker on my laptop and he tore off both its head and its tail! He also likes to chew labels on bottles and well, practically all sort of labels...

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Lucky you! My boy chews everything EXCEPT shreddable toys. :(
From all the destruction through shredding threads I have read on here, I do consider myself quite lucky. He has tried to chew on the cloth cover of the sound bar for the tv, but his dad distracted him and convinced him to move away before any damage was done. That is the only thing he has chewed. He licks everything, including walls, though.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, today I went to Dick Smith (an Australian retailer currently in receivership) and bought a new pair of headphones. Unfortunately they didn't have Sennheiser headphones, or not any more. I bought a pair of Panasonic headphones instead... I don't even dare to unpack them in front of my boy, so I will test them in another room. :D

·
Registered
4,282 Posts
Oh no! I feel your pain....my bird ruined an expensive leather jacket in less than five seconds. You just can't trust the buggers! They're lucky they're cute.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh no! I feel your pain....my bird ruined an expensive leather jacket in less than five seconds.
I am sorry. They are so quick. In my case it took less than 2 secs. He cut the cable through with one single targeted bite. :(

You just can't trust the buggers! They're lucky they're cute.
Ah yes, and they seem to know! My boy usually plays the little angel after doing something naughty. He has learned the connection between me being upset and him being the culprit, so after doing something naughty he always plays the nice kid who blows me kisses, nudges me etc... :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts