Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cheeky and ChaChi are both looking after loads of eggs at the moment, so hopefully this time they will be lucky :D I know I shouldn't get my hopes up, but I reckon the will have chicks this time!!!

Fingers crossed!

- IF they do have chicks, what will I need to do? Do I bring the nesting box inside my house (at the moment they are in an outside aviary)? Any preparations I need to make?

Thanks, :p

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Good luck! :D I wouldn't be moving them once the eggs hatch, that could just cause them to abandon the chicks. I know tiels are more peaceful than budgies, but i'm not sure how colony breeding works with them. I would watch the other tiels in the aviary to make sure none are causing problems for the pair!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They are currently in an aviary with 4 budgies and 3 quails. If they start to hatch, then I will remove the budgies and put them in the other aviary for a while. The problem is that one of my budgie pairs are breeding too, and have 5 eggs!!! I think that the two pairs will ignore each other and concentrate on their own eggs, but the other budgie pair I will remove for the aviary. I don't think the quails with be a problem though.

I took out two of the 'tiels old eggs yesterday which they weren't sitting on, and cracked them open to see if they were fertile; one wasn't but one was :( They seemed slightly disturbed by me taking the eggs out and I was worried that they would abandon their other eggs, but when I checked this morning, I saw them coming out of the box with marks on their bellies from where they had been sitting on the eggs. :D

Thanks for the comments everyone, they really help!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts