Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I slightly "modified" my tiel's eating area because he was not comfortable standing on that tiny/crappy plastic perch attached to the dish (it's like it was made for a finch or something!) so I installed a little perch in front of the food dish which enables him to sit much more comfortably when eating and he LOVES it... he no longer looks awkward when eating :)

The food dish on the right is Rascal's and the food dish on the left is for Coconut (his future brother) :p

Attachments

·
Registered
786 Posts
Looks like he is very happy! Great idea!

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I still have one final thing I have to fix... he was trying to jump up to the "food station" perch to eat but he's not used to jumping so high... so he kept pacing back and forth trying to get up the nerve to jump!!!... but he missed and fell on his face lol it was really funny to see.

He doesn't seem to like to ever have to climb on the bars of the cage... he's so used to being in a much smaller cage when he eats where he doesn't have to jump so high.

... I recently replaced that tiny 17 inch travel cage with this larger cage so he needs to build up them muscles ;)

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Nice. Sometimes my bird sits on the side of the dish. I thought it was OK if he likes it, but now you have given me an idea! :)

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice. Sometimes my bird sits on the side of the dish. I thought it was OK if he likes it, but now you have given me an idea! :)
I totally recommend this, it's more comfy ;)

I bought a vice from Home Depot (so I don't drill my finger off) and a saw... it's fun putting it together.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts