Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

sorry I haven't been posting as much D:, I've been so busy >.<.

Anyway, whenever I have a glass of anything (this has occurred with apple juice, milk and anything else I have had in a glass, of course he doesn't get any of the milk) and Peachy is with me, he gets big bright curious eyes (or saucer eyes as I call them haha, he gets them when he is targeting something, e.g. landing spot) and stares at the glass of liquid :blink:. Then he'll start trying to get close to it and try drink the contents, which of course doesn't work because there is GLASS in the way haha. And when I move the glass away from him he complains with a croaky squeak.

I've put this down to curiosity myself, because he has seen my drinking it and wants to try some too, because he has plenty of access to water so I don't think he could be thirsty :confused:. I was wondering if apple juice and orange juice are safe to let him have in a separate glass (because he likes drinking from the glass haha, he is quite good at it), because he likes glasses of stuff so much :lol:.

So yeah, just wondering what all of you think :lol:.

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
They're curious little things!

100% fruit juice is fine in moderation, meaning they shouldn't have it all the time.

·
Registered
9,464 Posts
A little bit should not hurt, I might even water it down a bit. There is quite abit of sugar in juice. I can't drink apple juice because it hurts my stomach, probably because some juices are pretty acidic.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys haha. I was also wondering, if you wanted to add a tiny bit of juice that they like into their water as a treat to make it a little sweet, is that ok? I think it is, just wanted to confirm haha :lol:.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts