Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Charlie can fly now, he has been dabbling at it for about a month but today he flew from the living room all around into the dining room and then into the kitchen where he hit the sliding glass door and landed on the floor. He still needs lots of practice but he can fly!!!

I will have to make a curtain of sorts so he can avoid hitting the glass.
Do any of you guys put perches around the house for you bird to land during their travels?

I was thinking of doing this so he will have some stable places to fly to...

My dream is to allow him to fly around, with plenty of perches around so he can come out of his cage while my dog is inside, ONLY IF I AM THERE IN THE ROOM TO WATCH. OF COURSE!!! :)

:grey tiel::grey tiel:

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Nice! It gets really exciting when a bird takes their first real flight, you could put perches around the house to let him have a place to land:)

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
Awesome! Watching your 'tiels fly around is lovely :)

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can't wait for him to really get the total hang of it. He is still a little shaky, or that may be the way they fly I have never seen one fly before. He is pretty spot on with the landing..

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
that's awesome!
Mine both were really starting to fly then had a fright (during the day) and both broke off several flights on one side only and now are back at the start. :( someday...

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
That's great that he can fly! :D

Kiwi used to hit the windows, but he lands on the window sill now. My family wouldn't reach too well if I put perches all around the house, but I've been thinking of making him a window perch. I got the idea from this person selling them.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HEMP-WRAPPE...523&pid=100012&prg=1014&rk=2&sd=271150456031&

Since Kiwi likes looking out the window I thought he might enjoy it :lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts