Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

My Touche' is going to be 28 years old this spring. I have had him since the egg. Although hand fed, he has always been quite grumpy. LOL

With age though, his right foot and hip have gotten worse. He is very crippled. I have made his cage as handicap friendly as I can. Any suggestions for old birds and cage setups would be appreciated.

I am also looking for information regarding CBD oil treatment in cockatiels. Does anyone have information regarding CBD oil? I have recently starting my own research for myself and clients but am finding little information for birds.

Thanks.

Sonya
:lutino:

·
Premium Member
19,909 Posts
This is something you should discuss with your vet. I'm not sure that I've ever heard of anyone using CBD oil in birds and I know that stuff like that is very dangerous for dogs so I'm assuming it's even worse for birds.

·
Premium Member
6,217 Posts
Honestly, I would err on the side of caution and just say no. I use that stuff on myself and depending on what you have, the dosage can change the impact you feel. With something as tiny as a cockatiel, I just think it would not work

1 - 3 of 3 Posts