Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay, so i'm currently catsitting my cat, elmie, who lives at my mum's house - elmie had an operation and our house is a lot quieter than my mum's, so she came here to recover.

all has been well with the birds and the cat - they haven't come into plain sight with one another yet. every night when i cover the birds over, i'll sit up for a little while longer, and i'll let elmie come sit on the couch next to me - she's usually great - doesn't go near the bird cage at all - they're always sound asleep, too.

however... tonight elmie had other ideas. i looked away for a couple of minutes and came back to the birds thrashing around their cage furiously. i panicked, but acted quickly enough to lift the towel that covered their cage, so they had light. i picked the cat up and put her in a bedroom and shut the door, ran to the bird cage and got the birdies out to check them for any broken feathers - all was fine. they seemed startled, but otherwise ok. i let them sit on their play cage for a couple of minutes, but all they wanted was to sit on my shoulder, so i let them. i then placed them back in their cage and covered them over.

everything should be ok now? like, what are the chances of them like, dying overnight from shock or something?

·
Registered
544 Posts
I am not an expert, but I think they should be fine. They got startled, but if no damage done then they will be ok.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
phew! some of these questions may seem silly, but when you're panicked - you don't think clearly and tend to forget your sensibilities LOL.

thanks guys!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts