Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've been having a great time while away. London was amazing, as usual. Manchester was great, as always. Birmingham was a great night out, my first time there. Catching up with friends has been beyond amazing. We've made some fabulous new friends. Hubby's family has been great, as always. Food has been amazing... etc.

And yet, I just want to be home with Joey. It is amazing how 3 ounces of feathers and a beak can have such a huge hold on your heart. Mom is giving updates, and he is happy, healthy and doing great. Still, I just want beaky kisses, snuggles, and hear him tell his foot 'good morning' off and on all day.

I will continue enjoying myself, our time here, and fun with friends and family, but I also hope Sunday hurries up! :D

Thanks for listening.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm having a great time, but understand how parents can have a great night out yet wonder how their kids are doing the whole time they are gone. :D

·
Registered
761 Posts
Glad you're enjoying the UK! I really love Birmingham. It gets a bad rep, but it's the main city where I grew up and I think it has a lot to offer.

I totally understand though - whenever I've left Murray I've really missed that little fluffball on my shoulder. Enjoy your holiday and don't worry!

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Glad you're enjoying the UK! I really love Birmingham. It gets a bad rep, but it's the main city where I grew up and I think it has a lot to offer.

I totally understand though - whenever I've left Murray I've really missed that little fluffball on my shoulder. Enjoy your holiday and don't worry!
It was my first visit to Birmingham, despite all my visits to the UK, and the 3 years I lived here. It was only an overnighter, to catch up with one of hubby's friends who moved there several years ago, but I can't wait to go again. I've heard off and on it has a bit of a bad rep, but didn't see anything that would give me a bad impression.

Still enjoying my holiday, but glad most of the running here and there is over. We were wearing ourselves out having fun. We're in the visiting with family, or sitting and relaxing with friends stage. Knowing I will see him Sunday evening helps. :D

·
Registered
334 Posts
Hope you're still enjoying your holiday! Aww you'll enjoy seeing Joey all the more when you get back! You're not alone definitely.. I went on holiday to the USA earlier this year and took a pic of Maxi just before I left and kept telling her I'd see her soon aha. I think it's safe to say the bonding goes both ways ahah. She always does these particular chirps when I come home.. as if to say hey.. you're back.. it's you!

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We head to the airport in the morning, and will be home tomorrow evening, about 8 or 9 pm. He'll be showered with squishy love, then I will have to head to bed, for work Monday. I've been humoring myself by finding older pics of him on FB, saving them to my phone, then putting them on Instagram.

We've had a great trip, and I will go through missing him next trip too. We come every year to year and a half.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Have a safe trip! Enjoy your reunion!
All was great with the return journey, to the point of even having amazing food on the plane. :D

The reunion was sweet, but funny. When we came in last night, he sat and glared at us, trying to give us the cold shoulder for leaving him. That lasted all of 5 seconds before he gave up and sprinted across a perch, jumped to the next, scrambled up the cage bars then shoved his cheek up to the top bars in an effort to get scritches as quick as he could. He didn't even want to wait to come out, or me to get my hand in the cage. :D

Ever since I came home from work today, he has gone about what he does, but has been keeping one eye on me as if he is making sure I don't leave again. Awww.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Joey says 'all is forgiven - but I'll still keep an eye on you!' :) Awwwww

·
Registered
761 Posts
The reunion was sweet, but funny. When we came in last night, he sat and glared at us, trying to give us the cold shoulder for leaving him. That lasted all of 5 seconds before he gave up and sprinted across a perch, jumped to the next, scrambled up the cage bars then shoved his cheek up to the top bars in an effort to get scritches as quick as he could. He didn't even want to wait to come out, or me to get my hand in the cage.
Oh that's lovely! Murray did that once. I picked her up from the boarders' and she spent the whole way home with her face pressed against the bars. Very unusual for her! Luckily I wasn't driving and could scritch to my heart's content! So glad you're back together and happy :)

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Funny how they miss us as much as we miss them. So sweet.

Today he was being a bit fussy, but I think it is because it is cloudy, and instead of closing the blinds and putting on the lamp , hubby just left the blinds open for whatever light came in, thinking of the electric bill. Now that the blinds are closed and the lamp is on, he is settled and content.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts